This post was inspired by Bethany Actually’s Monday meme today. I’m too ADD to complete the whole thing, but I started thinking about the things I would love to say if I could remain anonymous. If no one could see my face, but could hear the truth I’d like to speak, what would I say?
1. My heart breaks whenever I’m around you. I always feel like an outsider. But I remember listening to you complain that others had done this to you. My world was too small to understand it then.
2. Your life is about to change in ways you’d never imagine. There’s just as much pain as there is joy up ahead.
3. High school was the high point of your life. But there’s still a lot of life left to live. Don’t give up.
4. I don’t believe that there is such a thing as an easy road.
5. I’ve never met a girl with such a big heart. You’re beautiful inside and out. I can’t stand the guy you married. I wish that I’d set you up on a blind date. You’re way out of his league.
6. You make everyone around you miserable. When did that start? I hope it’s not contagious.
7. I sided with her out of loyalty. But looking back, I think you deserved that inheritance more than the kids did. I wish you were still a part of my life.
8. I want to be like you when I grow up. If I told you that it would hurt someone else’s feelings. But it’s true.
9. I still eat Walker shortbread cookies to remember you every Christmas. You were my favorite grandfather even if you did turn into a dirty old man. I loved you blindly. And I still do.
10. My feet may be big but they’re beautiful. And you’re in jail. Who’s laughing now? Haha!